NEW Indigenous Carbon Project Guide Launched
Indigenous-owned carbon projects across Australia are making a huge difference to our lives through creating jobs and supporting opportunities for Indigenous people to care for country.
We are proud to launch the Indigenous Carbon Projects Guide, which has been developed to ensure that Indigenous groups are well-informed to position themselves to maximise the benefits from carbon projects for the country and community, and to have their voices heard by government and policy-makers.
The Guide will help Indigenous groups across Australia understand the opportunities and risks of getting involved in the carbon market. Each section of the guide focuses on a different aspect of the business and may be downloaded in full or in parts.
Download FULL GUIDE
Download SECTION BY SECTION
1. What is climate change?
2. What is a carbon market?
3. Emissions Reduction Fund (ERF) overview
4. Emission Reduction Fund (ERF) methods
5. Running a carbon project
6. Indigenous rights and interests
7. Free, prior and informed consent (FPIC)
8. Planning a carbon project – feasibility
9. Planning a carbon project – governance
10. Understanding co-benefits
11. Keeping your story strong
12. Industry Terminology
The Guide has been reviewed by the Clean Energy Regulator to ensure the information is correct at the time of publishing. ICIN will continue to review and update to reflect changing policies and markets.