Expressions of Interest now open for ICIN CEO role
(12 month maternity leave position, starting in October 2023)
As the peak body for the Indigenous carbon industry in Australia, ICIN continues to grow from strength to strength, creating real empowerment and positive change for Indigenous groups managing their country. Since its initiation in 2018, the Indigenous owned and led network has grown to 26 Full Members all of which own carbon projects, as well as several Indigenous land and sea management organisations around Australia with an interest in carbon markets.
ICIN is on an exciting growth trajectory, experiencing exponential demand for its trusted information and expertise. To lead this growth, the network is seeking an experienced individual for its CEO position for a period of 12 months. The ICIN Board of Directors are particularly interested to hear from all those talented people who are in our broader network, understand the important role the network plays, and have been a part of our journey so far. In particular, it would be great to see an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person take up the role.
You will be a dynamic, highly motivated, trusted and organised person who has experience supporting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community-led organisations. You will have experience in supporting the management and growth of small not-for-profit organisations and highly adapted to working within a fast-paced and rapidly changing industry. You are honest, diligent, culturally competent and hard working, with a demonstrated strong commitment to facilitating Indigenous-led grassroots decision-making processes as well as a strong commitment to the values and purpose of ICIN. You enjoy working collaboratively and appreciate the importance of supporting good relationships across diverse groups of people. You are driven by your commitment to supporting Indigenous land and sea management and the positive impact ICIN creates for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities across Australia, through enabling greater Indigenous leadership in the carbon industry. Interested applicants are invited to Express Interest in the position through a Letter of Application and current CV.
Key Responsibilities and Delegations
- Oversee operational management of ICIN Ltd in line with ICIN Policies and Procedures, including employment and management of 4 staff and contractors.
- Oversee responsible financial management, administration and human resource management of ICIN Ltd, including working with the Business Operations Manager and Co-Chairs to ensure timely preparation of an Annual Budget and forecast budgets, finance reports, as well as banking, accounts, payroll and reporting to regulators ASIC and ACNC as required.
- Fundraise at least $500,000 to cover operational costs of ICIN Ltd during the 2023-24 year, from government, philanthropic and corporate sources.
- Oversee delivery of current ICIN funding contracts, with the support of staff.
- Organise at least four (4) Board Meetings during the 2022-23 year.
- Report to ICIN Members and the Board regularly regarding financial status, strategic issues and membership applications received.
- Organise the 2025 Annual General Meeting and elections.
- Oversee implementation of the 2023-26 ICIN Strategic Business Plan and Annual Work Plan.
- Work with staff to communicate regularly with ICIN Members, including briefings and updates about the Indigenous carbon industry.
- Work with the Business Operations Manager to oversee Membership, including supporting recruitment of new members.
- Oversee effective administration of ICIN Ltd, including fulfilling all contractual obligations, reporting requirements and legal requirements.
- Ensure that Members are driving decision-making for ICIN regarding policy development and key industry positions.
- Act as Company Secretary for ICIN Ltd during the Maternity Leave period.
- Ensure ICIN Ltd is performing its duties at all times within the Purpose, Objectives and terms of its Constitution.
- Manage relationships with Members, Funders and Partners.